Hey guys, I know it’s been a while since I posted a blog. if you’re wondering what happened….the answer is a simple, life. Yep, I got surprisingly pregnant, again. Surprise ,Surprise, or not really. It’s another girl. While I wasn’t very surprised at having another girl, I was surprised at quite a few other things. First of all (picture me holding up my index finger here with stern brows), you would think with this being number 5 there would be noooo surprises. Well, you and I would be wrong.
- For example, did you know the pelvis was a joint? If you did congratulations. I had nooo idea. I only found out because apparently during labor it can separate. It’s pretty painful. It’s given some high falutin name, Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. It was a dysfunction alright. I could barely walk for like weeks.
- Secondly, morning sickness is a misnomer. Who came up with that deceptive name. I was sick from morning till night. It was an all day and night sickness. I also discovered that puking on yourself while driving is no fun ( sorry, but why not share the grossness of it all). Also if you’re one of the lucky ones, it’ll last well past the first trimester. Yay…
3. Every pregnancy is different. okay so maybe you already knew that and I should have too. But when you’ve already had four, it kinds gives a false sense of confidence. I mean, I thought I was a professional babymaker. Boy, was I wrong? The list of do not eats grew exponentially longer. Besides no cheese and tragically no sushi for me I couldn’t eat any sandwich meat.
4. Labor pain is “the business”. Also something I should have known. But honestly, God was looking out for me with the first four. Before number five you would have heard be smuggly bragging about not taking the epidural and having natural birth. I had somehow believed my own hype that I was stronger than most . Let me tellllll you (insert several hand claps). I was transformed into something I didn’t recognize. No matter how spirit fill you may think you are…..a few undesirable sailor associated words may slip out. I could no longer hear the worship music my friend was playing. Matter of fact I could have sworn that the anesthesiologist was sent by God to deliver me. Whoever invented the epidural you’re the real MVP. YASSS. It felt like I went from being the Incredible Hulk to Bruce Banner. whew chile
5. Okay so speaking of the epidural… Did you know that after you receive it and become human again something incredible starts to happen? I was itching all over. So what ? No big deal. I just scratch right…? Wrong. I was itching , literally itching all over. where was this euphoria and calmness I had heard about from the other pregnant women? So its nothing compare to the pain. But please kindly let the unsuspecting preggers who are looking forward to taking the epidural know that they might temporarily experience crack head level itching.
Despite all of the above-mentioned horrors , what is true is that it all immediately faded away once I held my sweet baby in my arms. I was grateful for a safe delivery and a healthy and beautiful girl. She was a sign of peace. The olive branch after the storm. She was a reminder of Proverbs 16:9 ” A person’s heart plans His way but the Lord determines his steps”. (CSB)
4 thoughts on “5 Things I didn’t Expect While Expecting #5”
So many exciting things to look forward to regarding pregnancy!!! Lol
Miata! You’re a great writer! Keep up the great work!
Thanks so much
I thought for sure there would be no surprises we pregnancy #5! You’re such a beautiful pregnant mama… I’m sure you could have 5 more.